American Academy of Pediatrics
Electronic Media Guidelines:
* Limit entertainment media time for older children to 1-2 hours of quality educational programming per day.
* At any age, watching together is best, using media as a tool to discuss important issues.
* Parents should be good role models and limit their own viewing.
* Children’s bedrooms should be electronic media-free zones, with no TV, computer, or game systems.
* Media-reduction strategies include not watching while eating or doing homework, and encouraging fun activities like reading, puzzles, art projects, or playing outdoors.