Analog Baby Bytes:
Ban Baby Videos!
- There is a strong association between exposure to baby-marketed DVDs/videos – e.g. Baby Einstein - in babies aged 8-16 months and poor language development.
- Babies are unable to process electronic stimuli, which is absorbing but not constructive.
- Baby videos promote maladaptive habits of mind, i.e. blobby, weird stimulus is perceived as normal.
- Baby videos displace parent-child interaction and active play. Language development is a back-and-forth, human process, not replicated by electronic media.
- Numerous studies confirm that a human face is more effective at communicating with an infant than a face on a video screen.
- Babies read to daily show an increase in language skills!
Unplugged Until 3!